Friday, April 30, 2010

ode to coffee

Sometimes I forget about the simple bliss that is drinking a cup of coffee. Too often it's: make, throw into travel mug, out the door, consume mindlessly.

However, my  love for coffee is deep and real, and there is really is nothing better than a big mug filled to the brim with coffee, a little creamer and a little splenda. For an out-of-control experience, listen to Coldplay or Ingrid Michaelson while drinking.

Most people are ashamed of their caffeine addictions, however I find no shame in being completely dependent on a warm drink for my daily, mental sanity. In fact, I owe a lot to coffee. It's presence in my life has allowed me to stay awake in many boring classes, write countless papers in the early-morning hours, and get A's on numerous exams.

Apart from school work, I owe the bonding and growth of many relationships to coffee. I have had immeasurable amounts of wonderful conversations sitting in starbucks, saints or in the living rooms of close friends, as we drank - you guessed it - coffee.

Even when I am just by myself, coffee makes me warm and happy inside. I can't remember where I was when I made many important life decisions, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was drinking coffee when I made them.

Really, I would be lost without it.

So here's to you coffee, I'll be raising my mug in your honor for many years to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment