Wednesday, November 24, 2010

see you next year

My favorite season is fall. I love the leaves, the weather, the colors as you drive, new school supplies, farmer's markets and football games.

To me, once Thanksgiving is over, fall is also over. This may not be technically true, but that's how I mark it. After Thanksgiving I'll transition into a heavier coat accompanied with a hat and gloves. I'll plan out everything I need to buy for Christmas. I'll get end of the semester drinks with those who are are graduating and listen to hours upon hours of Christmas music and "winter song" by Ingrid and Sara. And when I sit in Starbucks, and look out the windows, my view will be obstructed by big snowflake stickers pressed onto the glass.

It's a great time of year, but as it gets colder, I'll grow nostalgic for fall. This year's fall season was amazing, it was also my last one living in State College, a town with quite possibly the most beautiful fall season in PA.

Even though the holidays are just around the corner, for these next few days, I'm going to hold onto fall for as long as I can. I'm going to wear just a fleece and marvel at every yellow, orange and red leaved tree I pass. I'm going to keep listening to my Fall2010 playlist on iTunes and burn my pumpkin spice candle until it's all gone.

So, my dear fall, you are leaving as quickly as you came. But I'll look forward to seeing you next year in a new town. Please come early and stay late. It's been, as always, another fantastic season. 
Love, Jules 

No comments:

Post a Comment