Sunday, April 17, 2011

it's a pizza pie

I love pizza, but not just regular sauce and cheese pizza, although I love that too, but homemade pizzas. You can buy a whole wheat pizza dough ball at the grocery store for 98 cents and get around 4 good sized - enough to feed two - pizzas out of them. They are the perfect meal for a college girl like me who dreams of eating more than spaghetti and ramen but still wants to stay on a student budget. Once you roll out your 25 cent pizza, you can top it with anything at all. Things from the farmer's market, or things that are freezer burned in the back of your 'fridge.

My favorite combinations currently are: 
carmalized onions and goat cheese
roma tomatoes, basil and chunks of fresh mozzarella
cherry tomatoes, olive slices, shredded parmesan and 
whatever dried herb I reach for first 
onions, zucchini and parmesan

and last night I made this delicious little thing.

 frozen spinach, grape tomatoes and feta.

1. buy pizza dough for around a quarter per meal 
2. put anything and everything on it 
3. cook it at 350 for 15-20 minutes 
4. actually have a good meal and make your mother proud. 

It's a win-win all around. Enjoy your new favorite quick, cheap and delicious dinner! Try it out and tell me what you like best on your homemade pizzas!

No comments:

Post a Comment