Sunday, June 26, 2011

morning storms

Nashville weather has been a funny and fickle thing, in my two weeks here it's been filled with morning thunderstorms and spouts of rain downpours. Around noon, the skies clear and the day is (and remains) sunny as can be. Monday through Friday, it makes me want to curl up and go back to bed. But on the weekends, I love this weather. Instead of staying under my covers I want to get a cup of coffee and sit on my porch. Not even my porch - on the porch of a one hundred year old house, the kinds with the big shutters and wrap around porches - and drink coffee, listen to the morning rain and my favorite playlist.

Because of these lovely mornings, I can sit in my half-moved-into, not-really-feeling-like-home-yet apartment and feel comfortable, cozy and completely home. And that feeling of being 'home,' well, that's a very special thing.

Look at these pretty southern porches, couldn't you just sit on them all day long?

yes, please.

my favorite, I want to photoshop myself on that porch swing.
I always love Adele, but watching the rain and listening to this song this morning feels like it's the perfect fit. Her jazzy sound sooths my soul down to the core. 




Happy Sunday morning everyone. I hope you all have something that makes your weekend mornings one of your favorite parts of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment