Thursday, February 24, 2011

And just when I was starting to think I was doing this regularly

I went and took a week and a half off.

So many wonderful things have happened in the last 10 days. Most (but not all) revolving around 3 days, 46 hours, and 9.5 million dollars, but I'll post about that this weekend.

Hints: I didn't win, steal, spend or find 9.5 million.

Although there has been one 'low' for the past week and a half. I have heard of it a lot before, although it never affected me until now -- senioritis.

Ugh, that scary word that makes me melt into a ball of laziness and apathetic-ness. I don't, at all, want to do school work. I was lucky to have an extremely light course load this semester, the perfect way to end college, or so I thought. And while I enjoy not staying up cramming until 5am two nights out of the week, since the classes I'm taking don't matter towards my career I am finding it impossible to find the drive to do the work. I have never been as "ehh, whatever" as I have this semester. The downside of all of this is that I can't even find joy in not doing work -- I feel guilty all the time and small little assignments are constantly hanging over my head. Not fun.

But, spring break is just around the corner and I'll be spending mine in sunny and warm Jacksonville, FL. Someone pass the SPF and an epic driving playlist please.

Random side note, while in the midst of my senioritis I've been daydreaming about what my post-grad home will look like, assuming it's not in my high school bedroom of course. Check out my musings below.

Happy Thursday -- the weekend will be here before you know it!



No comments:

Post a Comment