Thursday, May 19, 2011

post-grad life begins

The fun moments of graduation are wearing off and I'm settling in and adjusting to life back at home with my parents and sisters. I really do love being home, we haven't all lived together for 4 years, so it feels good to be together again. I'm lucky that my mom works from home, so I have a buddy around the house with me during the day.

Today I started re-painting my room, I'm really excited about this! It's been hot pink since high school, so I was more than ready for a more sophisticated adjustment. I'm doing grey walls and hopefully gathering fun and adorable color accents and decorations as time goes on. I can't wait to move all of my stuff in and transform the room from "my obnoxiously colored high school bedroom that I sleep in over Christmas break," to simply "my room." Here are a few of my inspirations

grey walls are so soothing and dreamy, I may never get out of bed.. maybe this was a bad idea?

I'm OBESSED with this bedspread, obviously from my favorite store of all time, tarjey (aka target.)
I need to figure out how to do a photo frame collage like this, they are so cute and I love displaying photos!


In between looking for a job, my summer 'to keep busy' goals are to 1. re-paint and decorate my bedroom 2. start a vegetable garden 3. blog more frequently 4. re-paint my bathroom 5. cook something new every week.

The hardest part? Of all of those, finding a job will undoubtedly be the hardest and least likely to happen this summer. But, I'm at home with a great family who I've missed more than I let myself realize over the past four years, a new bedroom on the way and potentially my OWN veggie garden soon (fresh basil on my food every night --- can you imagine my bliss!?)

So as far as I see, life isn't just good, it's SO good.


Goodnight dear friends!

1 comment: