Thursday, June 9, 2011

a time to relax

This past week has been one of the most emotional and overwhelming weeks I've ever experienced. I said goodbye to my best friends, moved out of my college place, went to nashville for a grueling apartment search and am on the cusp of frantically packing and tying up loose ends (a-la buying a car).

And when those weeks come around from time to time, as they always do, it's a good thing to know what puts you in your 'happy place.' The things that help you let down your hair or put up your feet.

Mine usually involve a cup of coffee or a glass of wine paired with a good playlist or a favorite movie on tv.

Tonight I'm listening to this, her music never fails to calm me down and allow me to relax.


Our lives are too short to spend them stressed out, so finding time to hide away from the world and relax is the best medicine for any overwhelmed head or heart, whether it's 15 minutes before you go to sleep, while you drink your morning cup of joe or spending 5 minutes away from your desk. 
What makes you relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment