Monday, January 2, 2012

one word

Somehow 2011 slipped by and 2012 ushered itself in in record time. 2011 was an amazing year for me filled with more blessings, opportunities and experiences then I would have believed were coming my way this time last year. I'm looking forward to see what 2012 has in store and I know it's going to be a great year.

"Resolution" has become essentially synonymous with "New Year" and I've spent the last few days reading about my friends' resolutions and tips for setting new years goals. I've never been too big on setting any resolutions or goals, but I think that this year I am going to embrace the one word challenge. It's an idea of picking one word any applying it to the many and different areas of your life, so that you set a 'theme' for your year. What I like most about this idea is that it can't become condensed into a simple 'accomplished/didn't accomplish' kind of resolution checklist, but something that you can continually go back to month after month, reevaluate and work toward. Some of my favorite ones that I've heard have been: create, humility, purify, inspire, authenticity and focus.

I'm so excited for 2012 to get rolling! What do you want the theme of your year to be?




No comments:

Post a Comment