Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bridal Bliss


My dear friend and roommate, Janelle, and another good friend, Brett, are engaged. They tie the knot in exactly two months! Yesterday, our apartment held her beautiful beautiful bridal shower, thrown by her lovely maid-of-honor, who is also one of our roommates, Lauren. 

Almost everything has a touch of purple, and the food spread was to die  for. Another roommate (can you tell I just love my roommates?), Kendall, is amazing at baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes. Look at these beautiful little cakes, and yes, she made that white chocolate "B" (Janelle's future last name intial!) herself. She is just so talented I can't even handle it.



The decorations were simple and elegant - candles tied with purple ribbons and small and simple purple touches everywhere. 








 It was a lovely shower for our lovely bride to be. After all the guests left we finished the day watching a marathon of chick flicks including Bride Wars, Sex and the City 2, and Life as We know it. 

The perfect decorations, the perfect food, the perfect occasion, 
the perfect people, the perfect day.



I'll leave you with a song. I love this classic love song, it makes me tear-up almost every time I hear it. Half because it's sweet as can be, and half because it reminds me of the Notebook. Either way, you can bet it made an appearance on yesterday's bridal shower playlist.



No comments:

Post a Comment